Want to do some new things at church this weekend? See if any of these suggestions would be a “new” thing in your life:
- Invite somebody to go with you.
- Skip breakfast before church, and instead fast and pray.
- Get to church before the service starts.
- Prepare your heart by forgiving that church member or leader who’s made you mad.
- Sit closer to the front, leaving room in the back for guests who come late.
- Introduce yourself to someone you don’t know.
- Sing for God’s glory, even if you don’t like the song.
- Increase your offering by at least 25 percent.
- If you use your phone for your Bible, stay off the Internet during the service.
- Listen closely to the sermon to see what God has to say to you. Take notes.
- Plan to do something different in your life because of the preached Word.
- Personally thank your pastor for leading your church.
- Stay longer after church, and actually talk to people.
- When you get in the car as you leave, lead your family to thank God for your church.
This article originally appeared here.