A church planter’s life can get pretty lonely. Even the best can unintentionally paint themself into a corner due to how many new situations they face. This is why the most successful planters need a coach. A good coach can save planting pastors a ton of time and heartache.
Here are 30 reasons why you should consider finding yourself a planting coach:
1. Coaching helps to remind a leader of the Gospel.
2. Coaching exposes a leader’s blind spots.
3. All leaders are capable of succumbing to sin’s deception.
4. Leaders are models for faithful obedience.
5. Coaching is preventative maintenance for a leader.
6. The stakes for a church leader are high.
7. Coaching models biblical community.
8. Coaching provides a prayer partner for the leader.
9. Leaders can be prideful.
10. Leaders are often lonely.
11. Coaching is a practical means for a leader to pay careful attention to self.
12. Coaching brings encouragement to the leader.
13. Coaching can protect the flock from a leader’s mistakes and bad decisions.
14. Coaching improves a leader’s perspective and objectivity.
15. Coaching facilitates the leader’s growth and equipping.